Thursday, June 25, 2015

travel days/father's ways

#dembabies are sleeping so my head is spinning with things to do and thoughts to share.

Half of our crew leaves Monday for the month of July. Trey and the boys will meet us there and we get to have a fun little detour on the way! #destinorbust I didn't want to do the ACTUAL math/spatial reasoning it would take to try and fit a month's worth of baby stuff on a plane so decided to the dreadful drive with my trusty nanny.

The speed with which the babies are growing does not fit into my little "it's time for this"-box. Therefore the need for 2 sizes of clothes for each baby needs to be packed up...and pretty much everything that makes our days run smoothly. (nanny included) With a little help while I nap, I become a very accomplished human being. I couldn't do it all without help. That being said I am packing a bag for the stopover in Destin (me and the babes) a bag for me and a bag for them for Key West. I use the term "bag" VERRRRYYY loosely. We are talking ridiculously sized suitcases fit for giants. That doesn't begin to cover walkers, jumpers, stroller, high chairs, toys, books, diapers, cribs! (I can't even( shoes...ahhh- you get me, right? Let's just say I have been doing a fair amount of talking to Jesus and "wooo-saahhhhh"ing lately.

Father's Day came and went and it was a very busy weekend. Trey asked for BBQ so that is what he got. Allow me to gush for a moment. Trey doesn't get to do "regular" dad duty. I know that means something different for each of you. (Some of you have a very hands on husband or father who helps with dishes and cooking and laundry. Some of you have hubbies who come home from work and don't do d@#k. I mean- I'm sorry if that sounds crass but there is no nicer way to say that you come home from work and get your full-on chill on and that is NOT OK.)

So Trey. He comes home from works, barely has time to roll his sleeves up and jumps in. I try to have the babies fed before our dinner so we have a chance of actual chewing vs. inhalation of the food- so when he gets home I am usually feeding them and finishing up dinner. We do baths every other night and he is right beside me scrubbing and singing and signing! He changes just as many diapers and gives just as many bottles as I do. We lotion and pj and bottle and rock and put to bed- side by side. He prays over our babies every night as they lie down and I bustle with my OCD night things.
He is my bestest friend and lover and his heart for God? Wow. So I just wanted to take a second of today and tell him- he is the best daddy I could have ever imagined to share in the whole twin experience- oh and the almost dying thing. Thanks for pushing through that. WHEW! But seriously- thank you for walking beside me in this crazy ride and having so much fun with me along the way. I love you!

And guys? If I love Jesus and watch my mouth I won't ever have to be the future former Mrs. Scalf.
(Little inside joke there. #goeswithoutsaying #iamanerd)


No comments:

Post a Comment